Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Better than I can say myself.

Epiphanies are so subjective: they mean the world to the person involved but are just run-of-the mill words to most everyone else. With that understanding, I share this anyway.

It's easy to wonder about God's timeline - the "whens" and the "how longs".

Well, I think I'm starting to "get it" in my own life... "when?" "how long?" - "till" I begin to understand just how great God is: how marvelously applicable His Word is - the power of His grace, the effectiveness of his comfort, the marvel of his shepherd's care, the rest that can be found in the goodness of His sovereignty. "till" I rest my joy in these things alone, and "till" I hang on every word.
It's impossible to talk about these truths in abstract anymore! How can I not point people to Him?

I ask myself: were it not for these things he's allowed, would I have even stopped to ponder His purposes or His glories? Oh, but now He has arrested my attention.

So in agreement with the Psalmist, I post this testimony to the treasure that God is: Immensely simple words, yet truer and better than I could ever say myself.
Your testimonies are wonderful;
therefore my soul keeps them.
The unfolding of your words gives light;
it imparts understanding to the simple.

I open my mouth and pant
because I long for your commandments.

Turn to me and be gracious to me,
as is your way with those who love your name.

Keep steady my steps according to your promise,
and let no iniquity get dominion over me.
Redeem me from man's opression,
that I may keep your precepts.

Make your face shine upon your servant,
and teach me your statutes.
My eyes shed streams of tears,
because people do not keep your law.

Psalm 119:129-136

No comments: