Monday, July 05, 2004

Troy

CHUD - Cinematic Happenings Under Development

Love without the bonds of morality: Love transcends morality. Love and morality have no link whatever. Is this an accurate representation of the mind of our age? Maybe I'm suffering from a severe case of (false) superiority, I hope not... I'd rather it be a case of severe desire for a higher standard.

So I watch a movie looking to gain insight on the past and in doing so I hope to gain lessons for the future, some that would never really apply to me but in a microcosm of the scale of the tale. Ultimately however, as I sit among a theater-full, I realise that this is not what people come for, at least not the majority. Instead, for the guy, the girls are cute and the fights are fun; for the woman the guys are attractive and adorable and oh! The kissing, how romantic...

And so another briny wave of raw emotionalism and passion erodes the stone of considered morality. Nothing against passion, but even the hippies had the background of a brain...? Where do we stand today? Thinking is for the mind, not the skin.

No comments: