Sunday, August 08, 2004

First working day of the week.

Okay, okay, so I can't but help be a little philosophical. It's who I am. Like that scorpion sitting on the frog who was carrying it across the river, know that story? So here's me being philosophical:

We're slaves. We're in bonded servitude. And we happily clunk around without so much as a thought about it. Yeah, time, but I think it's a larger issue.
It sometimes reminds me of the hampster wheel. Running on that stupid wheel why? So that the stupid wheel can turn. But then before the hampster knows it, the stupid wheel is turning and making him run whether he likes it or not. Stupid hampster.
Stupid humans. Think of where you fit in the big scheme of things. Your job facilitates someone else's which yada yada yada it's all hamsters on wheels. All because one day these humans decided to go and invent the wheel - something called modern life or industrialisation. And now we need that stupid wheel to keep us running.

I think Monday morning is that one time in the week where all of humanity wakes up for an instant and asks the question, consciously or unconsciously, "What's the point"? Quite right you say "monday morning blues".

If I wasn't compelled by the love of Christ, goodness knows I'd be a wreck. (Jeremiah 29:11)

No comments: