Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Give me Grace

When my feet don't step
where my head will lead
when the future is unclear;
when control is not forthcoming
and there's a penchant for fear
give me Grace to follow
in the knowledge that you guide
to trust my feet to your goodness
you are right here by my side

When the coming dawn
brings unwelcome days
when I get what I don't ask
When I wrestle with submitting
with disfavor I cannot mask
give me Grace to bend my knees
knowing full well in the end
that your eternal plan is yet unfazed
ever wiser than I intend

When tomorrow turns
to yesterday
when all is said and done
when the rigmarole and balderdash
of my normal life's begun
give me Grace to jog my memory
looking back into the past
drawing strength for the next tomorrow
for in your faithfulness I stand fast

2 comments:

Newsandseduction said...

interesting!

Anonymous said...

Hum... I like it a lot!!! Did I say a lot? Yep, I really like it a lot!