Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Instant Gratification

Pandora Radio

Have you ever been in the mood for a specific kind of music, and nothing seems to fit the craving in your inner soul? Well, here's a resource that lets you listen to songs with styles that you dictate. Very customisable, and infinitely user friendly. I imagine site this is going to be my home page for a long time.

What an excellent idea! This is really cool, and best of all it's free.

From the Faq:
Q: What is Pandora?

Pandora is a music discovery service designed to help you find and enjoy music that you'll love. It's powered by the Music Genome Project, the most comprehensive analysis of music ever undertaken. Just tell us one of your favorite songs or artists and we'll launch a streaming station to explore that part of the music universe.

Q: How do you decide what to play?

We take your input (artists, songs) and feedback ("I like this", "I don't like this") and use the Music Genome Project to create stations that play songs that are musically similar to what you've told us. That's it; only the music counts. We don't care how popular the artist is, who's backing them, and we don't care which genre bin they usually belong in. Only the music matters.


Only the music matters. I hear anthems ringing in my head as I read that. What wonderful times we live in.

No comments: