Friday, March 03, 2006

What does it all mean, this windfall for India?

TIME.com: Why Bush Is Courting India

What does it all mean?
Does it mean that I won't be suffering from power cuts (when I'm 60)?
Does it mean that my children will go to the united states without a Visa? (or that by then the rush will be for people to come to INDIA rather than the US, lol)
Does it mean that India will fulfil it's dream about being a superpower by 2020? (a rough interpretation of what "superpower" means is needed here)
Does it mean that someone out there is going to get really, really rich?
Does it mean that poverty is going to be eradicated in india (by nuclear explosions from badly managed plants)?

I hope it means something, and that the something is good, and that the good actually reaches the common people some day soon. I do sound cynical, but I'm really truly hopeful.

No comments: