Friday, April 07, 2006

Private Blogging

Why have a blog if you aren't going to tell anyone about it? Well, I do realize there's a hypocisy involved in having a blog but wanting it to be private.

Why would anyone have a private Blog? Let me try to unravel this paradox.

- I guess the illusion of privacy is appealing.
- There's the feeling of naughtyness, for lack of a more technical term, that you're doing something quietly in the middle of a great big bustling world of people and no one knows - cheeky, isn't it?
- There's the desire to have a "venting" outlet at hand, and for someone who is on the web a lot, what better venting outlet than a blog.
- It is the firm belief of non-conformists like myself that if we do what everybody is doing the same way as everybody else does it that we have lost a piece of our soul. So we have to be different. What a sad lot it is, being a non-conformist.
- It gives me a topic to blog about.

But it's a moot point, since I gave out my blog address ages ago. I guess now I have to be conscious of what I write because someone might see it.... hahaha. Right. NOW that's an issue.

No comments: