Friday, September 14, 2007

Show Off

What have I to show for all this time
that you have given me
unassembled pieces, shapeless, here and there
I lay it at your feet, complete
Self-satisfaction; I expect that I deserve
my reward, you have promised
see, they approve, they cheer me on
I must be in your favor

Take me by my hands
guide them to create
something useful, something good, shame me
seeing how I need your perfect skill
Then walk with me, so I grasp clearly
that I am not the cause of all this praise
you shine infinitely bright
You must be all they see

1 Corinthians 1:27-29,31

4 comments:

Suzana said...

Aha...who's the show-off now? YOu yourself admit it!
That's pretty cool though.
How long did it take you to write it? :p

Skinniyah said...

Lolzes. It was a middle-of-the-night flash (of what, who knows). These things don't take me time to put to paper (obviously). It's the thought behind it that doesn't come quick or easy. Thanks.

Suzana said...

Lolzes?

Skinniyah said...

Plural of Lolz. Which is a plural itself, apparently.